German philosopher Goethe said: “Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and help them become what they are capable of being”. Setting goals and objectives is something for any organisation to aim for and managing employee’s performance effectively and handling expectations is critical for business success. But how do you manage for optimum performance? How do you create a motivating environment that encourages people to go beyond their capabilities? Or even inspiring someone to be their best.
This Effective Performance Management course is designed to provide you with required skills and tools in creating and sustaining high performance work environment. The course is targeting participants who want to develop their team leadership skills and unleash the talent of their individual team members, develop sufficient Organisation’s policies and Performance Management strategies.
A unique in-depth theoretical and practical five days course, that, will give both Managers and employees a shared objectives in achieving overall company goals. managers and team leaders will recognise and practice their role and contribution to effectively manage performance and conduct at work. They will also learn how to give feedback, both positive and negative, on a regular and timely basis so that employees can grow and develop. Succession planning and identifying high potential techniques and practices will also be covered in this course.
By the end of this performance management course, participants will:
- Understand Performance Management Systems impact on organisation’s performance and individuals or teams’ performance.
- Design an adequate performance management Strategy and performance management approach within your organisation.
- Practice SMART objectives and motivational theories to manage and motivate under-performing and high performing team members.
- Identify technical and performance skills needed to do a job and how to make performance appraisals a cooperative process.
- Develop technical and performance skills needed to quantify your situational leadership abilities and how to make Succession planning a cooperative process.
This course is designed for participants who want to, evaluate and monitor performance, develop their team leadership skills and unleash the talent of their individual team members. Therefore, this course is ideal for:
- HR Manager/Administrators / Directors
- Performance Management Professional and Manager
- HR Practitioners / consultants / Trainers
- line Managers
- business owners
Anyone else who is involved in, Manager – Employee Performance management System.
This course is highly interactive and includes a range of trainer-led discussion, group work, local and international shared examples, real life industry-based examples, a case study and role play. This Five-days course, consists of a mix of Face to face / Virtual, written, video and interactive content.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Theoretical and practical approach
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized activities to include all levels.
Introduction of Performance Management
- Core elements, principles, and international standards of Performance Management.
- Objectives and benefits of an effective performance management framework.
- Organisations’ performance appraisal process and Annual performance review
- Differences between Performance Appraisal and Performance Management
Setting Objectives and Performance Measurements
- Organisation, department, individuals’ performance setting process.
- Defining and measuring performance
- Various Performance Appraisal Methods.
- Performance and Goals settings and Key Performance Indicators
- How to work with employees to set performance standards and goals.
The Three-Phase Model for Peak Performance
- Influencing Stakeholders and successful communication.
- Motivational tools and techniques.
- Skills in observing, giving feedback, listening, and asking questions.
- How to make the performance review legally defensible.
- Wellbeing, Inclusion, and diversity
Performance Review Meeting, Process, and Standards
- Assessing / rating performance and structuring performance meetings
- Effective performance meeting process and creating the opportunity to practice the in a supportive atmosphere.
- Appraisal preparation, Planning and conducting the interview
- Performance development plan and Performance management checklists
- Feedback, communication skills and Team building plans
Successful Performance Management Techniques and Tips
- Performance Management Challenges
- Errors in Performance Management process and solutions
- Shared practical Leadership skills in facilitation of process.
- Coaching, mentoring, and maintaining performance
- Team shaping factors, manage communication and Resolving conflict
- Review of learning and action planning