Development in the form of training or many other interventions has wide-ranging benefits for staff members, managers and organisations and can be witnessed in the results achieved. Furthermore, development of individuals and teams is an essential leadership competence and managerial responsibility.
This intensive and practical training course will provide attendees with all the ideas, concepts, skills, tools and approaches they need to become effective trainers and developers of others. Together, we will examine, test and evaluate various methods, models and ideas and know how to manage each and every stage of training from identification and analysis of needs to delivery of impactful training and measurement of outcomes and results achieved.
Having attended in this training course, participants will be able to effectively train and develop others and will know how to bring about positive changes in the behaviour, knowledge, skills, capabilities, potential and attitudes of anyone who attends their training sessions through the use of modern and engaging approaches to training.
After the training course, you will learn to:
- Fully understand the value of development to individuals and organisations and know what developmental interventions exist and how they can be utilised.
- Be able to use a wide range of training techniques, tools and approaches effectively including trainer input, roleplays, simulations, gamification, technology, visuals, projects, error correction, video and audio, and more.
- Know how to manage all stages of the training cycle (as highlighted in the ADDIE model and others), be able to analyse the needs of trainees and know how to measure the outcomes of training and development including by reaction, assessment, reflection, goals and return on investment.
- Be able to understand their learners and manage the training environment and factors that impact upon it including motivation, instructions, monitoring and feedback.
- Have developed themselves as trainers who are able to create their own material, get the best from adaptation of assigned material, create training proposals and who feel confident to write for publication or speak at events.
This course is suitable to a wide range of working professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone, in a leadership role or otherwise, who has responsibility for training and developing others.
- Subject matter experts who need to deliver instructional content in a dynamic, impactful and memorable way beyond just telling.
- Anyone directly involved in training due to the nature of their department (HR, T&D).
- Anyone considering a career move into training or consulting now or in the future.
- Anyone who wishes to advance themselves, is seeking a challenge and who is committed to their own development.
The following methodologies and approaches will be used on this course:
- Warmers, icebreakers and group dynamic tasks
- Trainer input and elicitation
- Brainstorming and controlled discussion tasks
- Worksheet-style tasks (gap fills, matching and so on)
- Roleplays and simulations
- Models, examples, illustrations and anecdotes
- Profilers and questionnaires
- Case studies
- Video and audio tasks
- Design tasks and presentations
- Coaching and mentoring practices
- Training practices
- Games and gamified tasks
- Trainer and peer feedback
- Reflection and personal action planning