This comprehensive program is the perfect training solution for retail staff, both front-liners and managers. With this course, participants will understand the logical and emotional motivators of customers based on which they make their buying decisions. This program is packed with retail best practices and management techniques. Participants can analyse and forecast the store’s key sales figures via the practical exercises included in this program. They will also be able to determine the store’s KPI’s and learn specific tactics to improve the overall performance of the store.
Additionally, participants of this program will learn how to develop flexible communication skills to build effective relationships with customers. Moreover, they will gain the right skills to deliver an outstanding customer experience and retain customers’ loyalty.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain what motivates customers to buy products or services.
- Explain four personality styles and identify their own to be able to adapt their style to build rapport with customers.
- Apply the 5-step sales process that helps them become successful retail professionals.
- Overcome common objections to finalize sales.
- Create a sales forecast for their retail store.
- Identify and analyse store’s KPI’s.
- Identify Voice of the Customers “VOC” and convert them into Critical to Quality “CTQ” indicators.
- Develop sales strategy and specific sales tactics.
- Organize and plan store resources for the most efficient utilization.
- Identify potential obstacles that might impact store performance and develop contingency plans.
- Analyze problems that arise alter plans and take corrective actions.
- Develop different diffusion techniques to resolve conflict with an angry customer.
This course is suitable for those who want to negotiate more effectively and be able to use excellent communication skills to manage conflict within the workplace. This course will greatly benefit:
- Retail frontliners
This course is delivered via dynamic facilitated discussions, skills-based exercises, and retail story scenario simulations. In addition to the numerous activities and exercises throughout the training where participants get to practice the different tools and techniques learned, selected practical exercises will be videotaped and reviewed to collectively analyse strengths and shortfalls.
Understanding Your Customers
- What matters to Customers in receiving great service
- What your customers value linked to the traits of a successful retail agent
- What influence customers’ behaviour
- The emotional & logical motivators of buying
- Linking customer service & sales
- The KSA of retail agents
- Elements of communication
- Discover some truths and myths about body language
- Body language that engages others
- Developing your rapport-building skills
- Intensity comes from emotion
- What response you are looking for
- Diffusion techniques
Language of Influence
- First impressions
- Engage others using the right language.
- What language influences others.
- Influencing Techniques: Push Vs. Pull.
- Basic principles of communication.
- Paying attention to behaviour, NOT personality.
- The ultimate power of questions.
- Improving your active listening skills.
- How to communicate assertively.
Retail Forecasting & Sales Planning
- What is forecasting?
- Sales forecast – 4-step process.
- Forecasting pitfalls.
- Developing store’s sales strategy.
- Building the main components of your sales plan.
- Specify sales tactics to achieve strategy.
- The Main Key Performance Indicators “KPI’s” that impact your store’s profitability.
- The causes and effects for each Key Performance Indicator “KPI”.
- Transforming Voice of the Customer “VOC’s” to Critical to Quality (CTQ) points
- Measuring and evaluating your story plan and taking corrective actions.
The 5-Step Sales Process
- Know your stuff and your customer
- Create the opportunity
- Matching customer needs
- Handle objections
- After sales and follow-up